The answer to worry may well lie in a shoe box…

The answer to worry may well lie in a shoe box…
29th March 2016 Barry J. Murphy

I remember reading an article years ago about worry, and it went something like this:

At least 90% of what we spend time worrying about never happens. Get a shoe box, and trust it to look after all your worries. Every time you find yourself worrying about something, write it on a piece of paper, and put it in the shoe box. Once a week, open the shoe box and read the pieces of paper. You will find that 90% of what you wrote never materialised, or simply solved itself naturally. Put the other 10% back in the shoe box again, and you get the idea from there on.

I hope the message in this story helps somebody. It for sure helped me a lot over the years.

No, that’s not a picture of me, unfortunately, but it’s a lovely image!






By continuing to use the site, you agree to our privacy policy and the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close